At St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin, we work daily to connect those in need with food, housing and crisis assistance, giving people hope and the chance for a better life.
We treat our clients with dignity, guiding them through the necessary steps through crisis to stability with the help of dedicated staff and volunteers. If you are seeking work that is more than just a job, one that gives you the opportunity to give back to others and your community, then our Vinnie’s family may be the place for you.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY – St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County is committed to ensuring that all individuals have equal access to our assistance, programs, facilities, and employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any person with regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, political affiliation, immigration status, mental or physical disability, income level, or medical condition.
Job Opening: Director of Development
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced fund development professional to become part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin. SVdP has significantly increased its fundraising and services delivery programs during the last five years. Today, the organization is a key leader in collaborating with government, foundation, healthcare, faith communities and other nonprofit organizations to deliver essential food, housing and care to Marin’s most vulnerable children, adults and seniors. During these challenging times, the importance of being on the frontlines providing safety net services has never been more important.
St. Vincent de Paul is seeking to find a Director of Development interested in managing the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise funds from the community in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. This role will also oversee and manage all fundraising efforts, cultivate strong and successful relationships, ignite communication, deepen relationships with donors and patrons and collaborate with staff to effectively execute fundraising activities.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as St. Vincent de Paul continues to grow with these primary duties:
- Manage programs and operations of development department and prepares, directs relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, and employment status of department personnel and volunteers, including supervision of the development and volunteer departments.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the donor and volunteer databases by developing a thorough working knowledge of the fundraising software for thank you letters and appeal list selection.
- Trains other staff and/or volunteers in proper data input and retrieval procedures.
- Creates effective fundraising activities and materials including grants, newsletters, advertising and annual report.
- Prepares financial and other analytical reports concerning fundraising campaigns, donors, clients and volunteers.
What are the objectives of the Director of Development?
- Raise funds to meet the requirements of the annual budget of $6 million dollars.
- Ensure direct mail, annual report, newsletter and e-communications are implemented based on the alignment with the annual development plan.
- Ensure annual fundraising and donor appreciation events are effective and exceeds event expectations and goals.
- Submit grant proposals to achieve income objectives.
- Oversee and implement effective donor appreciation and stewardship activities.
- Manage expenses in accordance with the annual budget.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors of Arts or Science
- Possesses a minimum of 5+ years of knowledge AND direct experience in fundraising techniques with requests to individuals, foundations, and corporations
- major donor events and fundraising
- special projects
- planned giving programs
- Strong interpersonal, listening, oral and writing skills
- Above average expertise, knowledge and utilization of fundraising software such as E-tapestry and Volgistics
- Ability to work with, collaborate, influence and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to build external relationships and to self-initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be an organized self-starter and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Direct management and development of support team members
- Commitment to St. Vincent de Paul Society’s goals and a desire to join an important social service agency leading community efforts to effectively serve low-income children, adults, seniors and people experiencing homelessness.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
TO APPLY: Please send resume to Kellie Chun, PhD email@example.com