On behalf of everyone at St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin, please know that our thoughts are with everyone who has been deeply affected by this challenging time.
SVdP is responding in many ways to the crisis. This page explains the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. If you are in need of other support, such as food or other assistance, please visit the Need Help Page.
Covid-19 Emergency Rental Assistance
SVdP is one of the agencies that has been selected to help with the Emergency Rental Assistance program that has been funded by the County of Marin and the Marin Community Foundation. The information below explains how you can apply for assistance if you are someone in need.
Eligibility and FAQ’s
- The program is intended to assist individuals and families who are at risk of homelessness because of COVID-19 because they cannot pay rent due to a loss of job or income or medical condition brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A person needs to show a rental need, establish a loss of income or job related to COVID-19 and have a history of rental payments.
- We will need to verify that you don’t have other sources of support.
To find out if you are eligible for this emergency rental assistance, please call our office at 415-454-3303, x 11, and leave your name, phone number, address and a brief description of your need. Please understand that we are experiencing a large volume of calls, but a volunteer will be in touch to confirm receipt of your call.
What you will need to provide*
- A copy of an ID
- Proof of rental history
- A letter or email from employer verifying loss of income or job
- Your address and landlord name (if you are subletting, we will need to validate with the person you are subletting from).
* Note if you can’t get some of this documentation, we are willing to work with you to validate your financial situation in other ways.