Failure is not an option.
We believe that everyone needs food, shelter, dignity and a chance for a better life – no one can do it alone.
Our goal is to provide compassionate care and critical services to residents of Marin County who are struggling to make ends meet, but are not receiving the help they need.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County is an independent, nonprofit organization that is governed by its own Board of Directors and is solely responsible for its own fundraising and program operations. All of the donations we receive serve the people of Marin.
We are also affiliated with one of the oldest and most effective charitable organizations in the world, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization of nearly 700,000 people headquartered in Paris, France that helps people living in poverty in 142 countries on five continents. In the US, membership totals 172,000 in 4,600 local communities.
Here in Marin, since 1946, our key crisis assistance programs support over 10,000 people annually and have grown to include:
- Homeless Prevention through trained volunteer home visits.
- Housing Help Desk provides direct client aide for homeless people.
- Homeless Outreach Team (HOT) collaborative program to help chronically homeless individuals with multiple health problems.
- Free Dining Room serving nearly 200,000 meals, open every day.
- Jobs Stipend and Employment Training Program for homeless people.
- Community Court in partnership with Marin Superior Court and Legal Aid of Marin.